Request for Proposals
C-Space is looking for a resident company interested in joining Progress Lab into for our next phase of growth. We welcome submissions from all companies and individuals. Our choice will be based on shared values, use of space and ability to commit to a multi-year lease.
C-space is seeking an engaged organization or artist who has the capacity to run their own vibrant company while contributing to the collective through membership on the C-Space board. If you are looking for stable office space and would benefit from regular access to Progress Lab facilities, we would like to hear from you.
Send us a one page letter and tell us: about your company, how much space you need, how soon you need office/studio space, how you will use the studio, why you’d like to become a resident company and anything else we should know.
Please email your proposal to email@example.com with the subject line “PL Proposal” and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to view Progress Lab 1422. We are accepting proposals on a rolling basis but only have 1 spot left to fill in our space.
We encourage submissions from everyone regardless of practice, need or background. If this process presents any barriers for you, please reach out in a way that works for you and we can begin a conversation. We are eager to meet you.
- more than 1800 sq ft of creation space: 42′ x 42′
- sprung wood floor
- dance floor available
- 20′ ceilings
- 18′ grid: 1′ box truss, pipe mix
- lighting equipment and board, sound board, PA system, rigging points
- seating for more than 50, folding tables
- flexible hours and usage
- technical services available (not required)
- public events permitted
- equitable guaranteed booking system
- more technical specifications available upon request.
- 24-Hour access and security monitoring
- VOIP phone line, unlimited calling, voicemail
- high speed 300 wireless and wired internet
- consumable products (paper towel, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- weekly shared space cleaning
- bi-weekly office space cleaning
- bi-weekly recycling and compost pick up
- garbage pickup on demand
- routine building maintenance
- administrative and technical staff access
- electricity, heating, water/sewer
- building insurance
- built-in inflation to cover cost increases, amortized to provide fiscal stability
- well-managed building, solid building contingency fund
- supportive building of fellow creators to spark new ideas and collaborations
- co-operative non-profit transparent structure
Vancouver Creative Space Society is grateful to operate on the traditional and unceded territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.