TO VISIT PL, YOU MUST READ THE POLICY AND FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
While restrictions on public gatherings and various health orders remain in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Vancouver Creative Space Society (VCSS) is limiting the use of Progress Lab 1422 for the purpose of maintaining health, safety and physical distance of users. All those entering the space must register using the form below and agree to follow the PL Workplace Safety Policy and BC Public Health Guidelines.
At this time, VCSS is doing everything we can to maintain PL as a safe workspace. Our policies are in place to keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. It is everyone’s responsibility to follow our policies and public health best practices. We cannot guarantee that you will not become sick, nor do we take responsibility should you become sick. If you do develop symptoms within 14 days of your visit, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you see anything that concerns you during your visit, please let us know at email@example.com.
Vancouver Creative Space Society Covid-19 Workplace Safety Plan
In effect: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Temporary Overall Building Capacity Limit: 41
Temporary Studio Capacity Limit: 18
Temporary Workshop Capacity Limit: 6
Temporary Rumpus Room Capacity Limit: 1
Temporary Office Capacity Limits: 4 per enclosed office space.
Registered Resident Users Only
Any individual entering the premises must be registered with VCSS at www.c-space.ca/visit to provide contact information so the society can alert them should any potential exposure to Covid-19 be discovered at PL 1422, and be a staff member, contractor or volunteer of one of the Resident Companies at PL 1422. It is the responsibility of each resident company to ensure that their teams have registered their contact information before entering the building.
Declaration of Users On Premises by Resident Company
The resident company responsible for use shall provide VCSS a list of the registered users occupying the building for each booking, or day, to ensure VCSS can contact them in the event of potential exposure to Covid-19 at PL 1422. This list must be submitted by the resident company responsible for the use, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to any users entering the building, and a minimum of 24 hours prior to use for the Studio. Any last-minute additional users must be registered and emailed to VCSS prior to admitting them to the building, and are only admissible should the overall capacity of the building allow it. It is the responsibility of the Resident Company to ensure the building capacity is not exceeded.
Registered Resident User Attestation
While registering for use, each user must agree to, and attest to their commitment and responsibility to comply with the User Requirements for Use, including current public health guidelines and orders, as well as VCSS’s guidelines and requirements for health and safety, while on the premises.
Use Requirements for Users
All users of the facility are required to adhere to current public health guidelines and orders while on the premises, as well as VCSS’s guidelines and requirements for health and safety as follows:
- Maintain Physical Distance – all users are required to maintain 2 meters distance from others who are not a part of their daily living household.
- Use of Masks – all users who are able are required to use face masks while outside enclosed rooms in the building, including the hallways, kitchen and workshop/studio crossover and when unable to maintain 2 meters distance from others.
- Personal Hygiene and Sanitizing – all users are required to regularly wash or sanitize their hands before and after touching surfaces or using any facilities, including washrooms. Users are advised to avoid touching their face, eyes, mouth, nose, ears, head or other areas of their body where viral transmission is possible.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Surfaces – all users are required to use spray sanitizers provided to clean and sanitize any surfaces they touch in the building after use, including door knobs, light switches, alarm panels, faucets, chairs, tables, desks, photocopiers, printers, counters and appliances.
- Reporting Concerns and Potential Exposures – all users are required to report health concerns, hazards and potential exposures to Covid-19 to VCSS immediately at email@example.com. Should a user develop symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of use of PL1422, they will notify VCSS immediately.
- Leave Premises If Symptomatic – Should a user develop symptoms of Covid-19 during use, they will leave the premises immediately, and notify VCSS immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain and Monitor Occupancy Levels – all users are required to monitor occupancy to ensure compliance with current Overall Building Capacity levels. This may require a user to leave the premises.
- Self-Isolation – in the event of known potential exposure to Covid-19, the appearance of any symptoms of Covid-19, or should a user be travelling outside of Canada prior to use, they must self-isolate for a period of 14 days prior to using any facilities at PL1422.
- Visiting/Returning from Out of Province – any user who is visiting Progress Lab within 14 days of traveling outside of the province of British Columbia must seek the permission of VCSS before entering the building. You must notify email@example.com as soon as you know and no less than 14 days before your visit to Progress Lab. Permission will not be unreasonably withheld, but will be considered in the context of other users safety and previously planned activities.
- Stay Home When Feeling Ill – all users must stay home and/or offsite if they feel at all ill, sick, under the weather or otherwise unwell, and report that to VCSS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work From Home When Possible – all users agree to work from home as much as is possible for the duration of the Covid-19 Pandemic, limiting the number of potential exposures to the virus or possible transmission to others at PL1422
- Ventilation of Spaces – While using facilities at PL1422, users are required to ensure that windows and skylights are open for ventilation, leave exterior doors open when possible and secure, avoid using fans that move air across spaces, and ensure any ventilation systems are on while they are in the building.
- Dishes and Dishwasher Use – All users must provide their own reusable dishes which will not be left in the kitchen area. PL will provide a limited number of disposable cups and cutlery that must be safely disposed of after use. Hand Washing of dishes is not permitted. Any dishes used at PL1422 must be thrown away or taken away by the user. Any dishes left out, on counters, in fridges or on sinks will be disposed of. Users may use the dishwasher to clean their dishes on the day of use. No soiled dishes will be left at PL overnight.
- Removing All Organics – All users will remove any organic waste they bring into the premises upon departure. Organics must not be left in fridges, appliances, or garbage/compost receptacles. Regular, non-organic garbage may be left in garbage receptacles.
- Altered Traffic Patterns – to maintain physical distancing, all users will adhere to the following entry, exit and shared space use traffic patterns:
- All Studio, Workshop and Rumpus Room users must enter the building from the front door, and exit from the side door.
- Users of the Neworld, PTC and Rumble/Theatre Conspiracy/Tara Cheyenne Productions offices must enter and exit via the front door.
- Users of the Electric Company/rice&beans offices will enter and exit using the side door, except in the case they are the first or last user in the building, in which case they may enter/exit via the front door to disarm/arm the alarm.
- Only Registered Office users from Neworld Theatre, Rumble Theatre, Theatre Conspiracy and Tara Cheyenne Performance may use the front staircase to access upper offices.
- Only Registered Office Users from Electric Company Theatre, rice & beans and VCSS may use the back staircase to access upper offices.
- Only Registered Users from Neworld Theatre, Rumble Theatre, Theatre Conspiracy and Tara Cheyanne Performance and Playwrights Theatre Centre may use the corridor between the front door and the Washroom/Kitchen areas for any movement beyond entry (i.e. Washroom, Kitchen, Studio, Workshop or Rumpus Room use).
- The last registered user in the building will ensure the side door deadbolt is locked, and will exit from the front door, arming the alarm.
- Specific Washroom Assignments – to limit contacts, cross contamination and potential transmissions of the virus, users will only use washroom facilities as assigned, as follows:
- Accessible Washroom – Immune Compromised or Vulnerable Users Only
- Single Washroom A – Studio, Rumpus and Workshop Users Only
- Single Washroom B – Office Users Only
- Non-Work Related Activities Outdoors or Offsite – when not directly engaged in work-related activities, users agree to leave the premises when possible. Such activities include visiting, eating lunch, taking breaks, phone calls etc.
- Lingering in Communal Spaces and Areas – users will limit use of common areas as much as possible, and avoid lingering in communal spaces and areas (e.g. kitchen, hallways, entry ways).
- VCSS Right to Closure and Cancellation – VCSS retains the right to cancel bookings for use, and/or close the building without notice.
Assumed Liability and Responsibility of Registered Users
- All users should assume that all surfaces are contaminated upon entry to the building.
- Upon arrival, each group should wipe down commonly touched surfaces including door handles, light switches, alarm panel, kitchen counters, kitchen taps, bathroom taps and toilet handle with the cleaning solutions provided, to minimize hazards to all individual users.
- Upon departure, each group should wipe down commonly touched surfaces including door handles, light switches, alarm panel, kitchen counters, kitchen taps, bathroom taps and toilet handle with the cleaning solutions provided. Additionally, all surfaces and furniture used in the studio must be wiped down or cleaned with chemical cleaning agents, including tables, chairs, music stands, and the floor to prevent potential spread of Covid-19.
- If the kitchen is used or occupied in any way, all surfaces including counter tops and taps must be sanitized and all food or food service items removed and/or disposed of.
- When washrooms are used, all surfaces, including taps, toilet handle and countertops must be wiped down with sanitizer.
- Cleaning time before and after use must be included/completed within your booked time to ensure zero overlap between bookings. Additional time for bookings can be allotted to accommodate the cleaning requirements.
Guidelines for Accessing Space and Communicating Use
- Resident companies with offices at Progress Lab are requested to use SLACK channel #Office-Visits to alert fellow companies of their intention to access their office or check the mail in advance.
- Prior to arriving at Progress Lab, Resident Companies are requested to check the SLACK channel #Office-Visits and #Studio-Visits to avoid any unnecessary contact with fellow users during their visit.
Limited Public Access
General public shall be admitted to the building on prior approval from VCSS and in accordance with the WSP and VCSS Covid-19 Public Access Plan or a guidelines agreed up on by the VCSS Operations Manager.
Found in Contravention of Safety Plan and Policies
The VCSS Board reserves the right to deny access to any user or Resident Company be found in contravention of the above policies.
VCSS Preventative Measures and Actions
VCSS shall take the following measures and actions to support this health and safety plan, and the policies and guidelines within it:
- Provide Hand Sanitizer, Soap, Sanitizing Spray and Sanitizing Floor Cleaners.
- High contact or potentially hazardous surfaces will be marked with yellow tape to draw attention to the need for sanitization and hand washing.
- Signage detailing this policy, occupancy loads, user assignments of washrooms, and best practices for hygiene will be posted to remind users of policy and support compliance.
- Cleaning and sanitization supplies will be distributed throughout the building to each space.
- No more than two Studio user groups will be permitted per day. One hour will be allotted between bookings for non-offices spaces to avoid overlap of users.
- Disseminate this plan to all stakeholders, including resident companies, contract employees and cleaning personnel.
- Should a confirmed or presumptive case of Covid-19 be connected to Progress Lab, all bookings will be immediately cancelled until further notice, all users will be notified. The building will remain empty for a period of at least three days, following which a rigorous cleaning and sanitizing of the premises will be completed prior to reopening.
- Vancouver Creative Space Society cannot compel users to follow these policies and assumes no liability if a user falls ill.
Collection and Use of Registered User Data
Registered user data is collected for purposes of contact tracing only. It will be used to contact registered users if a case of Covid-19 occurs at Progress Lab. It may be passed on to health authorities for contact tracing if requested. It will not be released to the public, shared with other registered users, or used for marketing purposes. Data will be kept for 90 days, after which it will be deleted.
Duration of Policy and Guidelines
The above will remain in place until revised or altered by the C-Space board or until there is a change in government policy. The C-Space board reserves the right to change this policy at any time.
Register your visit
Vancouver Creative Space Society is grateful to operate on the traditional and unceded territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.